Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Just Wasted An Hour On My Latest Interest, Pinterest.

Mom, you should probably check that out. Because of some technical difficulties/mix-ups--I created an account for you. Sorry! But I figure now that it'd be a great mommy daughter bonding website. Anyways, so you have all these Facebook friends following you and you have nothing posted on any boards. I can give you a tutorial at Christmas--no worries! I need to figure out how to set one up for myself without needing a Facebook account.

But...I feel like I"m just discovering life sometimes (thus the wasted hour). All the cool ideas to do when I have the time one day. There's just the idea of simplicity, nicety of things. I mean communication and technology have sky-rocketed so much that I could probably find any answer to any question or tutorial through a good, serious google/blog search!

Needless to say, I can't wait to be a mom. My mom. Mmm. :) Love her!

Some quick reading in our new-awesome-Relief-Society-special-blue-book and I found this gem:
"The average woman today, I believe, would do well to appraise her interests, evaluate the activities in which she is engaged, and then take steps to simplify her life, putting things of first importance first, placing emphasis where the rewards will be greatest and most enduring, and ridding herself of the less rewarding activities." -Sis. Belle S. Spafford (don't freak out if you didn't recognize her name--she was the 9nth RS general president)
Basic, right? But I really do like this quote because I've thought about how many cool things there are for me to do! That I want to do. That I could do. I'm 20 and I have a whole life a head of me. But I obviously--can't do everything. So I'll regroup the most important and live life one heat beat at a time. In the mean time...

I decided I needed a new Bucket List. A "In The Millennium To-Do List" where I can put all the 'less rewarding activiites' that would still be awesome to do but I won't have time for in this life. Ya. It's a keeper list. :)

2 comments: