I was reading one of my favorite blogs this morning and she recently said that she was the lamest blogger ever. Not true. Little does she know that I exist and that I surpass her in lameness. As she puts it best, "I'm going to kick myself someday and wonder what was going on in my life for the past however long because it's not like I've been scribbling in my journal either". This is true. But I occasionally feel like I have to make so many caveats before telling a story or my personal opinions online. What if someone falls upon my blog and I offend someone? But then I remember that the whole point of a blog is that it is yours, and it would be better to have some things written than not, and that those who do end up faithfully reading your blog already love you and have probably heard worse from you. With that being said, here are my extremely lame happenings of late:
-I'm in a sewing class this semester. Classic, right? I went to BYU to become the ultimate homemaker. :) But all things considered, if I'm going to learn how to sew one day, I might as well learn from the best and BYU tends to be the best in just about everything. Yesterday I wore my shirt and skirt together for the first time and debuted them all around campus. While at work, this chica came in asking about her endorsement and then said, "Your shirt is so cute! Where did you get it?" I made it, all of it. No mother's help with the gathers, darts, collars, buttonholes, hem, etc. I feel so domestic. What's more---she was pretty fashion savvy herself so I was kinda flattered.
-According to Katherine, there was a man on campus yesterday who had a hook instead of a hand. A hook. A real hook. How do people like that use forks and knives?
-Andddd, in the HFAC bathrooms there are signs that read, "This is not a practice room".
-In one of my classes my professor put us all in random groups to do group work every class. I've been sitting next to these same 2 girls all semester. Yesterday, I found out that they BOTH had identical twins. I was the odd one out. Awesome.
-Taylor Masters (BigPapaTayTay) got home from his mission on Tuesday. Ladies, watch out! He's called me already everyday since he's been home. :) My favorite lines (if you know Taytay, you'll appreciate these all the more) have been:
"I had a lot of girls try and hit on my on my mission. But I wore my CTR ring."
"Yeah, and I got robbed by gunpoint and these gangsters asked for all my money. But I didn't want to give them my cash so I lied and gave them all my pass-a-long cards"
So glad you are enjoying the 'fruits' of your sewing class! Why no picture in the post?? ☺
ReplyDelete