1. They are dog loving people Live long Macey dearie!
2. House plants in the windowsills, with lace curtains
3. Flowers! Flowers on the outside and inside of windowsills. Flower fields where you cut and put your money in a jar for what you take. Flower stands at the markets. Poppys (and wildflowers) everywhere. I love all flowers that I see in Germany
4. Dorf + Farmland combo Best solution to the small community feel, with great roads/trails through scenic fields
5. It is a clean place I often see people hoeing out the tiny weeds that grow in their brick driveways, or in front of their home. Germans garden everything, including the road
6. The people are blunt I knew my family had German blood!
7. The people are also very prompt Opa and Oma Lopper (my friends grandparents) eat lunch at 12. If you drop in at 11:20, they won't let you in because they want to be on schedule (preparing lunch)
8. The people are proud of their homes, jobs, families, clothes. They take better care of things as a result of that pride.
9. Lots of cars are stick shifts Even vans....I've always liked driving a manual
10. Markets! Food, flower, fabric. I love the markets so much! Usually at the fruit stand, Blake and Grant are given a free banana or apple. And everyone carries around cute baskets to buy their weekly groceries
11. Oh, the elderly! I LOVE the old people I see. They are everywhere. I swear, they have the healthiest retired folks in this area of Germany
12. Bikes Everyone owns a bike. And rides it as often as they do their cars. I love the straight-backed bike style. If I'm out, I probably see at least 10-15 people riding their bikes. Bikes in front of stores, buildings, everywhere!
13. People go on walks Even in the rain, with their umbrellas. Through parks, neighborhoods, fields.
14. Kids seem more well-behaved Structured, strict parents
15. Chocolate, bread, cheese, kebabs, ice creamt--all taste sooooooooo good!
No comments:
Post a Comment