Sunday, July 18, 2010

Letters Written After Weeks of Nursery

Dear Darling Little Girl in the Plaid Dress,
You are so tiny and softspoken, I'm sorry when the big 2 1/2 year old boys come and take your toys. I'll never forget listening to your sweet little voice sing and watching you dance during music time.

Yours Truly,
Becky Rhoden


Dear Boy Who Shakes His Fists When Screaming At The Top of Your Lungs,
You are what my dad would call a biggin'. Chillax kiddo. I know you love your parents and want to be with them ALL the time, but give them a break. You climbed into my lap once and fell asleep. What wondeful peace we all had that Sunday. Go knock down some towers, you're good at that. I'm glad you stopped that biting habit.

Sincerely,
Becky Rhoden


Dear Girl With the Same Hair-do Every Week,
I love watching you play house. You go to the play kitchen, open the microwave, stick something inside and "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" and then you say "beep beep" and get out whatever you just cooked. DO you realize that you're only 2? AND you have more motherly instinct in the kitchen than I do?? I admire you!

xoxo,
Becky Rhoden


Dear Blond, Happy, Dimple Newbie,
Everyone knows we favor each other. You're just too darn cute. And I like those parents you come from. You're always the first to give your toy away when someone's unhappy. AND you LOVE nursery with a passion. You're such a cute, good boy. Never change.

Love,
Becky Rhoden


Dear Smartest Kid in Nursery with Messy Hair,
I've figured you out! You may be small, but you are SOOOO smart! Keep manipulating the other adults. You ROCK!!

Regards,
Becky Rhoden


Dear Oldest Girl in Nursery,
You have quite the spunk. I like you! Everything you do reminds me of myself at 3. You can manipulate and try and play the system by getting what you want. You also like to be in control of your sister. But I love, love, love your tender sweet moments when you find your younger sister and make her smile or show her how a toy works. Or, when you find the newest little boy and make sure he's always included in the fun. You're a born leader. You convinced every kid today to climb under the table and 'hide'. Kodak moment!! I'll miss you!

Best,
Becky Rhoden


Dear Nursery Class,
All of you are special. Thanks for keeping me away from Sunday School and Relief Society this summer. I don't want to go back to a college ward where its much to quiet. My earliest memory is from nursery singing that Alligator song. We sing it every Sunday. I'll miss you.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO,
Becky Rhoden

3 comments:

  1. blake's and jessica's were the only ones i knew for sure. blake's was much too easy! what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm...eli here, the biting one has to be austin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...yea, all your guesses are correct

    ReplyDelete