This question: "Whose Your Best Friend?"--I dislike. Everyone knows that you can have more than one bestie--basically. And that family and boyfriends and roommates (generally) at the time usually trump the other friends. Best friends become the "best" for different reasons. And when we're really close they move in and out of the bestie category. But I just decided to take the names that first couple of friends I am closest too right now who I am grateful to be me because they are in my life. They're the friends that I hope we stay in contact; if not, then I'll use my stalker skills to hunt them down. Rather than showing you how I remember them, I decided to show how they're all different and unique by showing you their current Facebook profile as of right now:
Em wins the loyalty award because we have been friends since the beginning. Like Washington beginning. Like 1st mormon friend. We became friends through the years of awkwardness, HUGE changes (moving to Georgia and Utah for us both), and we have always stayed close. We just know each other. We're different--but we've grown so much. But I absolutely know I wouldn't have had half the experiences I have had without her. She's the one who is NOT the morning person but will wake up early to drive me to the airport or stay up all night editing my paper. Selfless, she wouldn't think it--but she is and she has taught me a lot about it. I know we'll always be friends. We can be friends at a distance or I can live right above her; we can go months without talking if we're living states away and then spend summers together--it doesn't matter--we just pick up where we left off. I love Em for her care-free, optimistic mood in life. No matter what, she's there for me. And her clothes. :)
I wouldn't have transitioned to Georgia very well, or at all, if it wasn't for Megan. I loathe this girl! (Inside joke) Megan is a sister. We shared High School together. Peach County. She is The Southern Girl who got me to talk with an accent, wear pearls, have Vera Bradly, straighten my hair, dress up every Thursday, love window-down-driving-country-music blaring, love a good tan, and we respect each other and our beliefs. Megan is Baptist; I'm Mormon. People told her she couldn't be my friend. But we proved them wrong! I know we'll be at each other's weddings and will always have that connection. After all, those years in High School learning about life, gaining independence, breaking ups, and countless sleep-overs just bond people together. It did for us.
Baylee Martz Haynie
Lovingly referred to as:
Bales
Meet Bales. Gah! I love that this was her photo (although her wedding and engagement photos are GORGEOUS). But, this photo shows Baylee. The Baylee who loves Marching Band and is madly in love with our Drum Major. We met as Freshman at BYU and spent 2 wonderful years together. She taught me how to be Relief Society President, knows way to much about a lot of boys--probably because she asks and then just listens--and I"ll recount the same story after story of boys I currently like. We bonded at 6:30am in the snow in COLLEGE. I love her so much until we became roommates and inseparable 'til she met 'ol-man-Jared, her husband. They fell madly in love and I was lucky enough to see it all happen. I think I"m one of the luckiest people alive to have lived with Baylee my Sophomore year, and spend as much time as I did during her short single years because I got see her change. She claims she's no good with change--but she's better than ANYONE I know. Which is why she's going to be such a great mother. She does everything before me, and then humbly teaches me how to do it! I HOPE beyond hope, we always stay in at least phone-call-friendship; she's a special one.
Natalie Hodges
Lovingly referred to as:
Natty
Oh, how I love Natty. Basically this picture sums her up! THE END. Haha, but seriously. Pictures speak 1,000 words. Natalie is one of the most talented, righteous, optimistic, color-yellow, best-pruners, best EFY-er's, best piccolo-sitter-next-to-at football games, and overall just a GREAT person. I'm so curious to see who she marries. She has no fear and can laugh with anyone--definitely a spiritual gift. Natalie and I met in BYUs Marching Band Freshman Year, pruned together on our work crew last year, and were roommates in Rexburg this summer at EFY. I miss her like crazy, even though I see her 3-4 times a week. I'm always down to having a good conversation with her.
Katherine Steinacker
Lovingly referred to as:
Stinker-pickle or PleaseSlapMyButt or WigWam Lover or RSP or Dragonfly or My Current Roommate or Chill Dog
She's going to hate me, but I had to save the best for last right? I LOVE Katherine (she's on the left). She's so chill that sometimes I see how long it will take her to snap at me. Usually, it's at the end of the day, right after dozing on some books, and I do something to really get her and then BAM! She yells or throws something and I'm just ecstatic inside. Immature of me, I know. But for some reason, she brings that out of me. I hope for and dread the day Katherine gets married. I love being her roommate. She's the first roomie I have ever gotten into long discussions at night with and NOT fallen asleep first. She's super chill and just a down-to-earth, realistic person. She just DOES when a thought comes in and has opinions, but doesn't get over-heated at them at all. Most of the time, she listens and tunes me out. But I absolutely love the days that she opens her mouth and then just doesn't shut it. I could listen to her forever, and she has an awesome laugh. And she loves sports like Sis. Watts (that's saying something). And I love being with her all the time. I love her clothes. And I love that I know she's doing what the Lords wants her to do--be with me.
And and and and and
I miss her!
(And you better comment Katherine, because you always stalk this blog but NEVER do!)





A good summation Becky! You are so BLESSED to have all these great BFFs!!
ReplyDelete