Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy Game Day!!!!

Happy Game Day! Football is in the air! It's like electricity when you get to the stadium. So I just finished an assignment and had the idea to share. My professor wanted me to introduce myself to him through a letter. I thought I should use this as some form of documentation to remember how I was when I was 21. I also had to have a picture. I was lame, and didn't have one on me (at work, while I wrote this) so here's to my iPhone and Instagram and the new cut and color I got!


8/30/2012

Dear Bro. Lambert,

I hope you’re enjoying reading these letters! I really appreciate your willingness to personally get to know your students through this activity and meeting with us. I’ve got the usual “Mormon background” going for me, so hopefully you won’t get too bored reading this. First of all, happy Gameday! BYU plays Washington State tonight and I am stoked! I think the first football game of the year is always so fresh and exhilarating. All the sights and sounds come back in a vivid rush. I have two older brothers who both played football for years and as the baby sister, I got tagged along to every practice and game. Then in High School, I picked up my love for music and football and began Marching Band! Now, I’m starting my 4th year marching in the Cougar Marching Band and I can confidently say that I’ve been to every home game in the last 8 years of high school and college football. I’m a typical crazy band nerd—dedicated and quirky.

I’m pretty sure I’m a life-enthusiast as well. I love just about everything; whether it is politics, music, school, people, or ideas. And I also love appreciating beauty in the everyday small things; how the sun shines through trees, when a kid throws a tantrum in the grocery store, or awkward moments on a date. All these things are what make life so memorable. If I had to choose the things that I love most, I would easily say that I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and my family.
My parents settled down in Washington State while raising us kids, until I turned 14. The summer before high school started, we moved to the middle-of-no-where, in Georgia! It was an interesting time. I suddenly became an only child (as my next oldest brother went to BYU) and was living in a new culture as the only member of the Church in my high school! It started out rough and turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. I think I really learned how to rely on the Lord and what it means to have integrity and charity. I now love teaching the youth through the EFY program because of how I grew during my teenage years. This summer, I had the chance to live in Germany for a little bit with an adorable family and reconnect with my heritage, I had a blast! I hope to be a mom one day; but when people ask what my career aspirations are, I tell them my plan is to graduate in Family Life and then pursue an RN degree at the University of Utah. I would love to end up working as a nurse with families that have children with disabilities.
 
I’ll try to be very excited for this class even though research isn’t really my forte! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Cordially,

Becky Rhoden

P.S. I will hopefully be getting my mission call within the next month! But don't tell anyone, because I'm hoping I'll fall in love and get married instead!

1 comment: