I had a great labor day weekend. Very enjoyable, spent with family and friends and did very little homework. Thursday I got a phone call from John. He told me he was flying in the next night to do an event for Paul Ryan in Provo. I was stoked to see him! It'd been a few months. And then Katherine and I talked about going to Brigham City to see the Temple Open House. I've never been through a temple open house before and to say that I loooooovvvvveee temples is an understatement. So we got the bright idea to beg, plead, bribe, snuggle up to Johnny-boy to use his rental car to take me and some friends up to Brigham City. We may have forgotten to tell him how far away Brigham City was from Provo....so most of the night, this is what he was doing!

Sending emails, texts, and phone calls working on the event for Paul Ryan. Oh, how I love this boy! He wins brownie points for being so great (and for buying us all pizza). And I realized just how similar we are--yet again. Siblings have the same humor; like when someone mentioned how a teenager died because of an unfortunate air vent on a bus ride--John and I were uncontrollably laughing. Or how we both listen to music, really really really loud in the car. And that we both love the same type of songs. And dance the same way. Etc. Etc. Here are some pictures of our awesome time:
 |
| The mountains right South of Brigham City were SO BEAUTIFUL. |
 |
| The group! |
 |
| Katherine & I |
 |
| This collage was at the very end of the tour (outside of the temple). |
 |
| Sorry about the picture not turning. Funny story: when we first arrived some 12 year old boys were sizing up Alex and then we heard them whisper, "Look! Jesus decided to show up" |
|
 |
| This is for you Mom. |
 |
| "That's my Father's House" -Shawn |
It really was your first Temple Open House?? Too bad you missed the Atlanta one 1 1/2 yrs ago. Thanks for including a picture of you and John. Its a little blurry, but I recognize you both!!
ReplyDelete