As mentioned before, John came into town to pull off a Finance Event
in Provo for the Campaign. I got to meet his other co-workers (entertain
them, feed them, flirt with them, go see Obama 2016 with them). And as I
talked to them, I got more of an idea of just how hard of a worker John
is--I always had suspected as much. But really, I've had multiple
conversations this weekend and have been able to observe and analyze
what things John does over and beyond what other people do (including
his co-workers). The event was great! My friend asked me if I wanted to
go with him, so I had a lot of fun talking his ear off. Poor kid, he saw
the best and worst of me because of some unexpected disappointments.
But after the event we walked Center Street and ended up at Sammy's for
some food and I got over my...anger, before the tears could hit my tear
ducts. It was a close one, or Brian would've had no clue what to do with
a sobbing Becky. I took lots of pictures (mainly for my Mom). I think I
have become much more photo-friendly now with an iPhone. John flew out
last night on a Red Eye, but he stopped and gave me lots of hugs. Which
always, always helps me forgive and forget instantaneously.
 |
| So naturally. I got persuaded into doing John's laundry. Guess what I found while I was snooping around! Yeah, that's right, John's got himself a Romney first-class Sharpie! Coolest.Thing.Ever. |
 |
| Jordan Betteridge volunteered to drive in the Secret Service Motorcade when Ryan flew in. |
 |
| Ice ice baby! |
 |
| The room of the general reception ($1,000 for public and $20 for students). As you can see, the students dominated the front. We enjoyed being all squished up next to each other. |
 |
| Where the older, more dignified, richer population socialized while we waited for Ryan. |
 |
| My favorite people! They helped out the campaign quite a bit by letting John stay and eat at their home. |
 |
| Fancy shmancy food. |
 |
| One of Romney's sons. |
 |
| The man. |
 |
| Check out his ear piece. And his microphone on his cuff. |
 |
| Political speaking posture cracks me up. |
 |
| Love |
So glad you were able to go to one of John's events!! He was worried that you were upset with him that night. Glad you are still friends!!
ReplyDelete