I saw the hand of the Lord today as I found answers I needed to hear. I was pretty down about some things and didn't really get to talk it out with anyone. So I went to my scriptures and found much comfort in Philippians 4:6-7. I love the description of peace "which passeth all understanding". I know that I shouldn't worry and John reminded me that the best remedy when worrying is to WORK (thanks to pres. hinckley). The peace is what I need to focus on (being eternally minded) like the peace I feel in the temple. Everything worldly becomes void and it's just you and your eternal salvation. With a deep overcoming sense of hope--peace. I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who hears my prayers and answers them through the teachings of the Holy Ghost within scripture, or words of wisdom from my brother, or a lesson and song in Relief Society, and of course, hearing an Apostle of the Lord speak in person at a CES fireside. I know who I am and who loves me. I'm grateful for the hand of the Lord which I see so very often in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment