Monday, November 9, 2009

cars, toilets, and keys

I haven't blogged in a week! But there has been so much, A LOT: cars, toilets, headbands, keys, music, tacos, trips, and blue skies. I wish all of these could be individual blogs. Let's see--let me start on Tuesday:

I was standing on 2230 North and University. I was about to walk across a street when a van made a left turn. The light was just green, no arrow. Another car was zooming foward and BAM, CRASH. My stomach immediately twisted and stayed that way as I had flash backs from the sound of a crash, the horn of a car, my eyes were locked on the small car with the air bag out and driver doing his best to pull over next to me. Then I looked left and saw the van. Completely tipped over on the driver door. I freaked. Hung up on my dad and dialed 911. I began talking to the operator--seconds from when the crash happened. I answered all of her questions, panicked and frenzied. My southern accent slipped in completely: "yes mam", "no mam", i let her my number and name. I heard the ambulance and was on my way. I have never felt so bad for leaving. Remorse filled me as I made it to band on time. Who cares about band? That driver to the van may have needed me. I should have had closure. For all i know he was dead. I was too hard on myself. While I was playing my piccolo a sweet lesson came over me--from the Holy Ghost--no doubt. Earlier I prayed like a usually do for an opportunity to serve. But this time I mentioned how I have learned from my BOM professor that God just let's experiences happen. He has too. But sometimes he will intervene--or help out in a way. So if I prayed, knowing htat He loves His other children as much as He loves me. I prayed that I would be able to be an instrument in His hands to help someone. I think I was at the right time at the right place to help someone by calling the ambulance. Maybe I did make a difference.

Later that night Alex, Emily, and I went to a headband party and bought beautiful headbands that are ADORIBLE! I was in love. Sometime I will have to post some pictures. Not tonight though. Then Alex and I went to the Men and Women's Chorus. I love musicand its power. It was beautiful.

Wednesday I was sick and tired of everything that I happened. I needed a mental break. So I came home early! I ate lunch by myself and went running. It was beautiful!!! 70 degrees with a bright blue sky. I ran to Em's house and saw Tiff and Michael. I am so grateful Emily share's her family with me. She has no idea how much they mean to me. How much she does. I'm praying to learn how to treat those I love, like I love them. I always have put my friends on cloud nine. But maybe not when I joke around with them. I really do want to change. I hope I never hurt anyone by my complacency (i think that's the word...).

Thursday!!! hahaha.. one of my college days that made me think of high school! Guess what i did? I'm so dumb. I ACCIDENTALLY flushed my phone down the toilet in the JKB. It was a gonner! Flushed into the sewer and everything. Man, I laughed so hard. Everyone did. I don't know what it is with me, but things just happen. Why me? Maybe because I have a funny optimistic attitude? Who knows. Just know that my phone is gone. I got it all fixed--new sim card + old phone = new cell! I am grateful for everyone who still loves me despite my bad luck... ;)

Saturday the Band traveled to BOA to perform in St. George. It was a lot of fun. I am so amazed I'm in BYU's Band!! Gosh, I am the luckiest girl in the world. Music makes me so happy. There are wonderful people in the band--few creeper boys--but the creepers are always the premies...

Sunday after ward prayer I took Alex's keys to get into Em's apartment. Then I took Emily's to get into her apartment. What's wrong with me? Maybe my brain is defected and during the resurrection all of my woe's will be fixed. I ended up having to find an RA to get her door unlocked. WHEN it turned out Em's keys were in my apartment. Boy did I feel stupid! You would think I would be use to such common occurances in my life. But every day surprise's me.

Today was hard. I thought I would really have a mental break down. But when I was at the worst of it John just randomely called me to tell me he loved me. What a sweet kid, I know he was following the Spirit; but I wonder if he knows that. College is hard. It's hard finding my place and regime when I'm so used to having everything so______ at home. It gets better every prayer I say and every word I read from my scriptures.

That was my LONG week. I'm grateful I am alive and healthy and that I know that I am a daughter of God who does love me very much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment