Saturday, November 19, 2011

My First Date. . .

Let me take you down memory lane.

I was sixteen and wearing jeans with a button-up plaid green and blue shirt. I went with Jake Harris, the Bishop's son (cliche--I know). We doubled with his older (married) sister Jenee and her husband Scott--they already had 3 kids. I think. Yeah, that's right.

We went bowling and then to dinner at O'Charley's. I think I had soup. It was fun. I think it was a little awkward, but I'm not sure why (most sixteen year-olds are awkward at that age). Maybe it was because I knew this was a date. And that was just really weird. Or because we were with a married couple and I have NEVER heard of my parents going on a date before that wasn't to the movies. I thought it was strange--yet cool, that Jenee and Scott could bowl too.

For some reason, I'm pretty sure after the date, Scott and Jake went back to their house to watch a man-flick and Jenee, Nicole Wallentine (who had been watching her kids) and I went back to my place to watch a chick-flick with my mom. Funny how we still managed to divide into our gender associations by the end of the night.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. SO WEIRD!!!! Gah!! But also hilarious! Just spent a good little bit catching up on your posts? Loved the Shanksgiving one! Blake misses you. He asked multiple times today where ou were. He'll be so excited to see you come Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did too go on non-movie dates! You just don't remember. That may also have been ... a while ago. I think we probably have been out-to-dinner more than anything. Not always at a restaurant. Sometimes at someone's home. If you count our anniversary celebrations we did a mystery dinner theater train ride, a Mannheim Steamroller Christmas concert, Jim Brickman Concert (okay, we DID take the whole family!), then we went to many, many football, wrestling and baseball games, and activities/meetings at the church building. (If we went together and it was at night time, that was a date, right?) :0)

    ReplyDelete