Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I've Caught Some Spring Fever

Life has taken a backseat. One week ago I was over my head into finals, chilling with Harold til 2am studying, missing work here and there to study, wearing dirty clothes for the umpteenth time, and eating granola: brain food. It was homemade and kinda burnt, so I can blame a few missed questions on my exams for that one! Hm.

Once my last final was done I slept. And worked. You know, you would be amazed at how many reported kids were caught for cheating in the Testing Center. The first week after finals at the Honor Code Office seems like one of my busiest. It's crazy. And then John came into town last Thursday night. I had a fun game night with some Marching Band friends and then I went to find John. I had a great weekend with our John John. He took me out to lunch, helped me move, made me laugh (oh, and cry--yeah, maybe that wasn't so great), he took me and Katherine--whom he has basically adopted as another sister--to the movies and saw Lockout, which I actually really enjoyed. And we went to Church together which made me sooooooooo happy. We served this older couple too one day (both in remote control wheelchairs with a legit minivan set up for them) finding their way around campus, extremely lost. And we went to visit his ex-girlfriend (who he always keeps tabs with when visiting Provo) and some friends, went on a walk, ran into UP kids, napped, and went to a German picnic. Basically, at the picnic John took off talking to someone from his mission and I just listened to the German speakers thinking, "Oh my goodness! This is what it's going to be like all summer. Smile. Nod. And try and pick up some words". Luckily, I'm not shy and these Germans weren't either, so we were soon speaking English talking about Germany and gelato--mmm mmm gelato. And we also watched the Count of Monte Cristo on a projector with some friends at a jam/bread party my apartment put on. Overall, so much fun. Three times people asked if we were dating--or if he was Matt. And for the first time in sibling history twice, people asked who was older, John or me?! There's a 4 year difference. We should've said we were twins. 


The weather has been the best "time to feel like spring" weather I've felt since being in Utah. So nice and sunny--maybe even too nice if that's possible. At least my skin is turning back to a decent color of pink. So long vampire skin of winter! I bid thee farewell. Okay, time for the boy report. Matthew Pearson and I are...uh...something. I guess it's what you call casually/somewhat dating. I know we're not dating others, but it's not like he's told me I was his girlfriend yet. But as a girl--you don't exactly feel 'single' if you're walking around campus hand in hand with a guy. We had a class together Fall Semester, became friends and then actually went on dates this last semester and became better friends. So we'll see what happens. John likes him. He's nerdy and cute. Gives good hugs. Super kind. Humble. And really smart. We're both working part-time this spring and not taking classes--so we decided I suggested (and he didn't object) to us just trying a bunch of new things. Last night we made a list. Tonight we're going to learn how to make different kinds of paper airplanes to learn how to make some float (loft down), go really straight and far, or go in circles. It'll be an adventure. I'm excited for the Chopsticks night: I teach him to play Chopsticks on the piano and then we practice using chopsticks with Chinese food.

I also moved out of my apartment to not be tied to a contract all spring and summer. I thought I would miss it more than I do. But I have this thing where I get homesick before I ever leave home. Then once I'm gone, I don't miss it. Not Georgia home, Washington home, or my Utah apartment or even family members. Its like backward homesickness: I don't want to leave and dread it, and then I do and I never miss it. So instead of living in Monticello, I moved in with my best friends parents. Their house is HUGE. I grew up with them and then spent the majority of my high school summers living with them so its not weird. This morning I went walking with Sis. Watts and her sister and friend. Basically, they kicked my behind! Like power POWER power walked up and down Orem's hills to the interstate and back for an hour. It was killer and I can't wait to do it again.


I'm ambitious for a good spring. To spend time with my favorite peeps and do cool things. Get some sun and natural air into me. I also want to organize (everything), plan (Rocky Mountain and Band stuff), and do lots of reading and blogging. I'm glad spring is here. And am so stoked for a European, German summer.

1 comment:

  1. YES, YES, Organize!! :) Read!! and Blog!! Enjoy your summer!!

    ReplyDelete