Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Delight #4

Messiah Sing-A-Long.

I had never heard of such a thing. Until Katherine threatened me several weeks ago that we ABSOLUTELY HAD TO GO--NO MATTER HOW BUSY WE WERE WITH FINALS. She said that her family has been going for years and that she even owns her own copy of Handel's Messiah. So Monday night, we skipped FHE once again (such delinquents we are) and loaded up in Danger my Ranger with multiple old-copies of the Messiah "borrowed" from the BYU Music Library (we even picked up the copies after hours--Katherine has connections)and drove to the Orem Library. Where we stood and watched 4 Opera singers walk out in front of a half-orchestra and sing their solos-which were amazing-and then when we got to the Chorus parts, everybody sang and sang and sang and sang. It was simply glorious. A wonderful night indeed. I finished it off by driving home the 'scenic route' even though I didn't quite know where I was; I knew that we could see more Christmas lights on houses if we took back roads rather than State Street back to Provo. It was a fun adventure and so. much. fun.

1 comment:

  1. I first sang in a Messiah Sing-a-long in college and LOVED it too!! So glad you were able to participate in one!

    ReplyDelete